Saturday, November 23, 2013

I am still with you.



Lately The Lord has been bringing me back to the same passages. I've been tempted to go off from His leading and read something new in search of fresh revelation or some captivating knowledge. But I've had to trust that He knows what's best for me now in this moment and the moments I seek Him. I've been constantly pushed to Psalm 139 which is one of the most well know psalms in all the ages and continents. What I have been constantly reminded by reading the text is that He is with me. In so many facets and ways. Not only is it fact and truth that He is with me, wether or not I realize it, or if I want Him or don't want him, He is there/here, always. The Lord is changing my mind to live in the reality that the actual person of God is not only dwelling in me but He is dwelling with me, and to know that and believe that on a moment to moment basis is what is changing me. It's amazing what we think keeping our focus on God looks like and all the time His focus is on us literally all the time. Not just the present time but past and future as well. To think of Him in this way would be... I'm not sure how I put it into words, I think it would be as Adam walked in the garden with God, or as Enoch walked, or any of the great men and women that have preceded us. Not only is He with me, even though I may not perceive it, I am still with him, every morning, every evening. I am within his reach always. I really really want my false perception of a far off heaven dwelling God to dissipate with all the other unimportant religious hubbub just so that I may finally enjoy his presence that he breathes into us. His presence is a very important reality to grasp. Even in the stillness, and in the silence His presence is here.






You are with me, God; still with me.


I am with You; I am still with You.

No comments: